Liquid Color Measurement
Wie funktioniert Q-Chain® LCM?
The liquid coating material is put on a very precisely rotating disk (Q-Chain LCM mono on a cylinder) and the film is measured by a modern 3-angle (LCM mono: 1 angle) spectrophotometer. The values are gained, stored and evaluated in our software and put into a database. The whole process takes not more than 3 minutes!
All values can be evaluated according to different standards regarding dE, tinting strength, metamerism etc. In addition, effect colors can be measured.
The system is available in two different versions
3-angle version for metallic and solid paint systems, tinting pastes and raw materials
The high-end version of the Q-Chain® LCM has a color measurement technique that uses three angles. This allows the measurement of effect colors and components with effect pigments very precisely. This is done by a rotating disk, where the paint is put on and measured with a special designed spectrophotometer.
Q-Chain® LCM Mono
1-angle version for solid paint systems, tinting pastes and raw materials
Q-Chain® LCM Mono is based on a rotating cylinder and the paint is measured with a one angle spectrophotometer. This equipment is a low-cost alternative for solid colors, pigment pastes and pigments.
How can Q-Chain LCM® be used?
Q-Chain® LCM is the basis for shortening and optimizing the process flow in production of colors, pigments and coatings. Starting with the stabilization of the release process and the significant reduction of the cycle time, previous and following production steps can be made more efficient, too. In the end, this proceeding allows to reduce the tinting steps together with reduced cycle times.
- Laboratory scale, small space necessary, can be used at different places (close to production as well).
- Only 30ml paint is used per measurement
- Short test time (less than 3 minutes)
- Very good reproducibility – equal to fully automatic lab application (spray-out)
- Lieferung inkl. Software, Schulung und PC
- Supply includes software, training and PC or laptop
Why does Q-Chain® LCM lead to more efficiency?
With Q-Chain® LCM, a raise of productivity up to 50% is possible:
- Faster testing enables companies to accelerate the production process.
- The method can be used in all process steps – goods receipt, semi-finished products, finished products.
- If raw materials and semi-finished products are adjusted well, finished products can be finished much faster!
Software LCM EN
Our Q-Chain® LCM Software consists of four modules, which cover the tasks of measurement, quality control, R&D and production.
The backbone of the software is the Q-Chain® Database, where all measurements are stored as raw data. Easy to use and intuitive handling, open interfaces and an industrial based data format lead to a database, which can be extended to a quality data base.